Hilfe - Teamanalyse

Diskussionen zum FCZ
natibis93

Re: Hilfe - Teamanalyse

Beitragvon natibis93 » 17.02.21 @ 17:28

Zhyrus hat geschrieben:
natibis93 hat geschrieben:Dismissed after the 4-0 loss to Ozana Sport? Did you notice the differences that the new coach changed in the style of play? Is the team better since the change?

Massimo Rizzo chooses a more safety-oriented style. This was necessary because we conceded too many (easy) goals under Magnin. This, Rizzo fixed extremely fast after taking office. Admittedly, Rizzo's work was heavily supported by the recent signings of Sobiech, Aliti, and Doumbia, which brought a defensive mindset and qualities to the squad. The player material has been improved, since these guys are fully integrated, at least defensively.

Magnin was infamous for his unpredictable formations and tactics. Unfortunately, it was never quite clear who was confused more, us or the opponents. To my liking, he changed the squad too often, especially in phases, where we were playing with little confidence. The more simple and direct approach of Rizzo helped to stabilize an insecure squad. However, Rizzo needs to address our problems in consistently creating chances against defensively oriented opponents parking the bus in front of their goal. We are dependent on the speed of Ceesay or Tosin. The quality of the offense is rather limited, especially when Kololli - national player of Kosovo - is missing. Marchesano, who can be an excellent play maker, needs some form of support to shine, otherwise he has the tendency to "disappear". Unfortunately, Marco Schönbächler is in terrible shape since a year. Our attackers Kramer and Ceesay suffer from their lack of ball control, hence, many fans are asking for an upgrade of a striker. Gnonto is an amazing talent but he needs some time in "adult football".

Rizzo is a calm person, which is - in my humble opinion - reflected in the behavior of the squad. He does not micromanage the players and most of his comments during the game are of positive nature. This is in strong contrast to Magnin, who is impulsive and extroverted. He screamed, shouted, complained, which was contagious. Many players adopted this style and lost their focus on the game. This has improved again.

The biggest argument for Magnin was his trust in young talents. Rizzo is more conservative and rates experience higher than Magnin, who tested many talents. This is expressed by the higher age of the squad. There are not too many young talents with massive play time (Omeragić, Wallner, Tosin), and talents, such as Rohner, Koide (on loan now), Gnonto, struggle to get their share of time. Again, this is also a consequence of the quality of the likes of Aliti, Sobiech, Doumbia, which are regular starters.

Wow !! Really invested, interesting and detailed. I have seen that tactically the current coach also prefers to play 4-2-3-1, and sometimes 4-4-2 as well. In addition, statistically I see that the team prefers not to control the pace of the game (in most games, Zurich's ball possession percentage is lower than the opponent's), do not press high and prefer to wait for the opponent in the central third of the field. Can you expand on these insights?

Zhyrus

Re: Hilfe - Teamanalyse

Beitragvon Zhyrus » 17.02.21 @ 20:01

I have seen that tactically the current coach also prefers to play 4-2-3-1, and sometimes 4-4-2 as well

I would say 4-2-3-1 is clearly our preferred formation with Doumbia playing the defensive part ("6") and Domgjoni/Dzemaili playing the more offensive/balanced part ("8") in front of the defense. Formerly, it was Simon Sohm (Swiss underage international, now Parma) and Domgjoni. Zentral offensive midfielder is clearly Marchesano. Some say we do not have any decent striker, so, why play with two of them? ;)

It eluded me that we have been playing 4-4-2. However, I have not seen all the matches this season. I am also more the section beer guy than analytically taking play by play apart :D

Magnin was also experimenting with 3 defenders 3-5-2 formation. We lack the defensively oriented wingers and the strong strikers for this.

In addition, statistically I see that the team prefers not to control the pace of the game (in most games, Zurich's ball possession percentage is lower than the opponent's), do not press high and prefer to wait for the opponent in the central third of the field. Can you expand on these insights?

One of our strengths is the speed of Tosin and Ceesay. Technically, our offense has deficits, except for Kololli and Marchesano. As a consequence, we are enjoying fast counterattacks. Definitely.

We do need to take better care of the ball, though! I do not like the precision in many passes and the first touches of the offense. God, the crosses were abysmal against Basel! This is reflected in our struggle to out-perform weaker opponents. It also harms our consistency over the games and results in many dropped points.

Zurück zu „Fussball Club Zürich“